2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

hey guys...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
superdan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys...

hello i joined this forum a couple weeks ago...i just bought a 2003 neon sxt...there is a interesting and some what amusing story behind the car...ok so my grandfather is really good friends with the guy that goes to the auctions for this local car lot...so they bid and won on my car...they get it back to the dealership and find out the dumbass who had it last took out the power steering, a/c, airbox, radio, carpet in the trunk, spare tire, and the jack, windshield wiper washer nosels ( added 5hp lol ), seatbelts, passanger side airbag...but on the upside it came with LTH and i guess this is good but it has a 3inch catback exhaust...i personally dont like it but i will admit it sounds good...also came with msd ignition coil...i know this might be a worthless post especially without pics but just thought i would introduce myself...

Dan

Old 04-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Default RE: hey guys...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif][sm=ttiwwp.gif][sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 04-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol looks like who ever had it before you was planning on putting a roll cage in it and going full race or full rice with it! hahahaha welcome and good story

and dont mind Kal he's just impaitent hahaha

Old 04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

Yep!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
blackflame
Captain

yeah...your car wasn't made to drive lol. I wouldn't call him a "dumbass" either. Sounds like it was built to race hardcore. All of those things you mentioned that he took out are common modifications for a hardcore race car. Btw, it probably has more than an MSD and catback lol.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

you might also want to tell us if you have the plastic intake manifold or if it has the magnum intake manifold on it. also, maybe it has some internal cylinder head work like racing cam , lifters, etc. let us know. maybe it is built for racing.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:46 AM
superdan
Rookie

yeah it has the plastic intake...i havent dug into it yet to find out if it has a racing cam or lifters...but to me it does sound like whoever had it was planning on doing some racing...lol i will be sure to get some pics up soon as i find someone to let me use their camera...

Quick Reply: hey guys...