2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
CG Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts

Does Monroe make an equivelant to the Tokico HP Blues? If so, what application are they for SRT or SXT. I have an 05 SXT that I would like to change the struts on to allow for the stock size SRT wheel and tire combo. Also, how low can I go with the SRT combo? Keep in mind this is my daily driver on Michigan roads. I was trying to decide if -1.8/2.0 was too much or if I should go with the -1.4/1.6 springs. Thanks. I apologize for the newb questions, I know they are sometimes frustrating as I am member of other discussion boards.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 AM
inthewerks
Veteran
Default RE: Struts

if you are going to lower your car, the tokico's are the best bet to go with. they have a longer travel in them so you wont blow them out as fast. monroe's are a good strut but they are more of an o.e. replacement and wont last as long on a lowered vehicle. i currently have a 2 inch drop front and back on my car and the spings were interchangeable for the sxt and srt. they are from megan racing. pretty good price on them and no sagging yet. but i would definately get the tokico's. youll thank me for it when your struts dont blow out 8 months from now. g/l.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Get struts, it doesnt matter if they are tokico blues or if they are monroes. Both will work fine. A Blue is just a STOCK srt4 strut.
As he said above me,getnew struts most definetly so one day you dont end up in sihts creek. If you do get monroe just tell them that its for an srt4 not an sxt and youll get the clearances.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
underground6t9
Rookie

has anyone tried using ksport coilover kit?

Old 04-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Breeze
Rookie

i have the springs sittin in a box right now jus waitin to get some struts cuz mine are gonna blow prolly already are

Old 04-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Adionik
Champion

I've heard many times that Tokico blues DO NOT CLEAR stock SRT rims...

Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 PM
srt4rez
Professional

I have a question...I recently got a hold of all the struts from an SRT-4, but it looked liked the coils were changed out and were inserted with lowered springs.(both front and rear)I want to change it back to the original coils that the turbo came with. If I was to switch the coils from the SXT to the SRT struts...will it work for me? I plan to place the SRT-4 struts on the SXT. Tokico blues is just the name of the stock struts for the turbo, right? It's still black, even though they call it blue, right? Just wondering about that. I got the rear sway bar which I plan to insert on the SXT too, so I need the rear strut off the SRT-4. Then I plan to mount the original stock rims off the turbo onto the SXT and it should work, right? Any insights, let me know.
One more question...SRT stock struts are better than SXT stockstruts?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

all that stuff is interchangeable. i think (not sure) that the spring perches for the srt sit a bit higher than the sxt because of the wheel size. my lowering springs were actually made for the srt. and i think that the srt stock struts are tighter for sportier handling. dont own an srt but i think my guess is ok. hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Struts