2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

strut experts please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
inthewerks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strut experts please help

im in the progress of saving my money to swap my megan racing springs out for some first gen skunk2 springs for a three inch drop. question is, what struts to use. all i here on the forum is tokiko hp blues. but a buddy of mine suggested to use kyb agp adjustable struts. he said they are more expensive but i can adjust the firmness or softness of the ride and can also adjust the ride heighth a bit. i am very interested in these struts. is there any reason not to use them?? like i said, all ive heard from this forum is tokiko hp blues. need some input please. thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 AM
inthewerks
Veteran
Default RE: strut experts please help

bumped it cuz i need to correct a mistake. they kyb struts are called agx. the kyb agx truts are adjustable. or should i get the dang hp blues everyone is talking about.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:26 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

The Blue's probably wont hold up well enough to a more extreme drop (2.2"+), so I would go with Tokico Illumina's personally.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

thanks for the info. so i guess tokico's are my only option for my neon? are the illuminas adjustable?

Old 04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Yes, the Illumina struts have adjustable dampening. I would just save another extra couple hundred and buy some decent coilovers though...

Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

yeah. ive only looked at the tein ss coilovers. are there any other descent brands out there that will give me my 3 inch drop??

Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
PhdHater

ORIGINAL: inthewerks

im in the progress of saving my money to swap my megan racing springs out for some first gen skunk2 springs for a three inch drop. question is, what struts to use. all i here on the forum is tokiko hp blues. but a buddy of mine suggested to use kyb agp adjustable struts. he said they are more expensive but i can adjust the firmness or softness of the ride and can also adjust the ride heighth a bit. i am very interested in these struts. is there any reason not to use them?? like i said, all ive heard from this forum is tokiko hp blues. need some input please. thanks in advance.
You cannot adjust the ride height on KYB AGX shocks/struts. You can only adjust the dampening level.

Quick Reply: strut experts please help