2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Anybody burned CDR for factory CD radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 AM
culthuu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody burned CDR for factory CD radio

I have a 2000 Neon ES with the standard factory CD player radio. The radio seems to work just fine and handles regular music CDs easily. My problem is I have a vast library of MP3s (no DRM) that I’d like to burn to CDR and play using the factory radio. I’ve used Easy CD Creator and Nero 8 as well as Windows Media Player to burn MP3s as standard CD’s but the CD player won’t play them. I’ve used several types of media including Verbatim music CDRs and I’ve burned at the slowest speed possible. I've even used dbPower AMP to convert the MPS tracks to 44.1 WAV files before I burned them to a CDR. The radio will recognize the various tracks and I can advance and go back through them but they won’t play. Has anybody had any luck burning CDs that will play with this radio? If you have what program did you use, what media works and what settings. This isn’t amajor problem but I’d like to listen to my tunes without having to buy an aftermarket CD deck.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Default RE: Anybody burned CDR for factory CD radio

that's really weird...now I'm asuming you have this style of stock CD player (without the cassette option..but the same "rounded" edges..not the square)...cuz I read somewhere where this style was in Neons 98 and up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...QQcmdZViewItem

I have this shape radio CD (my car actually came with a cassette, and I got a stock CD one off e-bay)...and have no problem at all playing my burned CD's.... I have actually just used Windows Media player and Nero both, and at various speeds... have let it burn up to 16x and have also purposely set it at like 2x and both have played in the car.... Have also used various brands of CD-R's, mostle name brands... and have yet to burn one that won't play.....

so I dunno... you did mention something about "no DRM"..I have no idea what that means, but are you maybe a musician and these are self created MP3's?... everything I have burned is either ripped from original CD's or downloaded from the net

Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
j_son600
Veteran

No problem here with Nero 6 using Nero Smart Start and the "Make Audio CD" option. Just drag and drop your mp3's to it and click burn, both cd-r's and cd-rw's work for me, and yes I have a stock head unit.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Try using Memorex Audio CD's - They're all white with a music note logo on them...

These have almost always worked for me in factory headunits that wouldnt play burned CD's..... they're a lil more expensive....but hell... you can go get a cheap aftermarket head unit for like $75...

Quick Reply: Anybody burned CDR for factory CD radio