2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2.0 DOHC ON A 04 NEON BOTTOM

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
dirtdevil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 DOHC ON A 04 NEON BOTTOM

So far i havea completehead, exhaust manifold ,intake manifold,head gasket,timming belt and dohc belt tensioner.i know i have tolenghting the power steering and change out the cam sensor out of a 2.4 same year as my car 04.But know i'm being told that the intake manifold wont work because of clearance with the starter and that i would have to buy a special indy manifold for that swapdont make sine cause it's the same block like the 95-99with minor changes how could the starter be a issue?. onlytwo thingsthat i think would be a problem 1. is with the throttle body pointing upwards might be difficult to route intake or turbo pipe with out running into clearance issuewith hitting the hood 2.with the map senor the one on the dohc manifold is a three wire and i think the one on the sohc o4 mani is atwo wire.
what do you guy's think...........

p.s. anybody in the Florida willing to do the swap pm me[:-]

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: 2.0 DOHC ON A 04 NEON BOTTOM

I'm kind of confused by your post...are your swapping a 1st Gen 2.0 DOHC top end to a 2nd Gen SOHC bottom end or vice versa? Or are you using 2.4 parts? What are you trying to accomplish, turbo or N/A?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: 2.0 DOHC ON A 04 NEON BOTTOM

i am assuming that he is going turbo, just becuase he says about turbo pipin.... but i am confused like u r rt

i think he wants to put a dohc on a second gen if i am not mistaken

Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Well they say you need to go with the Indy manifold so that you can bolt up to the intake ports and keep the outlet angle for the intake from your 04 that has that slight angle up, cause the bolt patteren wont cross from your new mani to the DOHC head. I don't see why the starter would be in the wayits in the same location. Just use a 90 degree elbow to hook to your intake system that you have on it. I was thinking about doing the same thing when I had my SXT, or if you are planning on going turbo just get a SRT mainifold and you'll be set.

Quick Reply: 2.0 DOHC ON A 04 NEON BOTTOM