2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2002 Neon R/T Any feedback on this model?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:34 PM
culthuu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Neon R/T Any feedback on this model?

I’ve pass a red 2002 Neon R/T that’s for sale for $3000 every day by a private owner. It’s been there over a month but it looks to be in good shape, the paint is excellent and the tires seem OK. They’re on nice looking aluminum wheels. The car looks clean and nicely maintained but I don’t know the mileage or any specifics as I’ve only stopped to take a quick look. The only real option I saw when I stopped to look was a sunroof. Anybody have any experience with this model? Does it require premium fuel? I’m thinking of getting rid of the 2000 Neon ES I just bought to buy it if it's in good shape. I can’t say I really care for the automatic transmission on the ES. The car is just slow and it idles like a washer on the spin cycle. I’m assuming I’ll get better performance on the R/T with the 5 speed. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
inthewerks
Veteran
Default RE: 2002 Neon R/T Any feedback on this model?

if you do a google search for 2002 dodge neon r/t, there are a few sites that have consumer reviews and sites that professionally review the car and list all specs. try that out. hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Adionik
Champion

HAHAHAHA washer on spin cycle....

Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM
culthuu

Checking Google was the first thing I did but I'm hoping to find somebody that's actually owned one of these. I bought the last Neon blind and realized after I bought it that it had a ton of expensive problems. That's why I'm checking this time. The premium gas thing is actually the only insurmountable problem. With Premium going for almost $4 a gallon down here in Florida I'm not sure I want the added expense.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 AM
eaks
Professional

R/Ts do need to use at least 91.. but personally if i were you i would go R/T for sure.. I love my neon to death but i would just wish that i would have done more research and went with the R/T.. i believe it only has about 10 more hp.. but for me going from just an auto to 5 speed is a huge power gain then you add the extra hp that the engine has..

I would def go with the R/T man.. And if your looking at the cost of the gas in comparison with the 00 ES you may want to take a few things into consideration!
1. Premium gas is more expensive..BUT it does run cleaner in your engine and burns more efficiently (less gas for same milage)
2. 5 speed transmissions use a lot less gas than an ATX (automatic tranny) when driven to the same rpm..
3. For resale/part out you can get a lot more out of an R/T than an ES (4 wheel disc brakes,R/T suspension, high output engine, R/T computer, 16"bbs rims and one of the best intake manifolds for these cars)

Just think about what you want for your car.. but i believe you will be making a huge mistake if u take an atx ES over an R/T (even if the R/T is 1g+ more expensive)

Quick Reply: 2002 Neon R/T Any feedback on this model?