2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

DOHC intake manifold on SOHC

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:50 AM
beemik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOHC intake manifold on SOHC

So I searched but didn't find too much other then that the exhaust side is different on either head, so would a DOHC intake manifold from a first gen bolt to a SOHC second gen? The reason i ask is because the sohc manifold is made for an engine that produces 132hp(Dodge numbers) and the dohc for a higher revving 150hp(Dodge again)engine. Also with it being a two piece manifold it would be easy to polish for even better flow if I ever buy another head and port it. I'm not concerned about the 90 degree bend to the throttle body because I think I'll cut the 90 off and make round the left over so it would look like a sohc connection at the bottom.

So if the bolts line up what do you guys think would it be worth it? Would you get a couple ponies on the top? Has any one done this?

Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: DOHC intake manifold on SOHC

no, you can get an r/t intake manifold which is also two pieces and easy to port and polish

Old 05-10-2008, 01:52 AM
beemik

Right. As I thought. My problem is finding an R/T manifold and then you have to do all the wiring for the butterflies and then theres the cold air intake i have which is for a non R/T.

What is is about the manifold swap that doen't work? Is it the bolts because that wouldn't be hard to fix. Or is it that the ports don't line up?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:24 PM
underground6t9
Rookie

I have a 00 neon and I installed and 01 r/t manifold on my ride. I did not hook up the butterflyes, I just have it wide open and it made a whole lot of difference. Bolts lined right up to my head. My car is a soch.

Quick Reply: DOHC intake manifold on SOHC