2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Ground Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008 | 06:16 PM
SXTJunk
Default RE: Ground Problems

Ya I did that stuff today. We where pretty dead in the shop so i had time to pull my car in and clean off the connections. Only sucky part was it didn't do jack. I got the 2 under the hood and the 2 inside the center console. Also got a chance to hook the car up to our diag equipment. Came back with a code saying “battery not connected to transmission”. I checked all the connections and everything looked good. Im starting to think that I don’t have a ground problem. I just noticed that it is the worst when I start to car and then when it idles back down it stops. Don’t have a clue anymore anyone got any other ideas??? My starter and alt test out ok so far haven’t don’t a full diag on the alt yet.

Old 05-25-2008 | 07:40 PM
Exubus
Champion

Hmm then it sounds like aybe you have a + wire that is shorting somewhere on the frame, etc... maybe a defective switch or electric motor too (ac blower, etc), hard to tell. Happy hunting for that one. My best guess is just just start shutting off or unplugging accessory things one-by-one until you know a difference. Almost anything beats literally trying to trace every wire back and forth.

Old 05-25-2008 | 07:49 PM
SXTJunk

makes sence to me i'll let ya know. Thing that pisses me off the most is that usaly 20 min of trying **** and i fix it with anything electrical.

Old 05-26-2008 | 10:34 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Add some extra ground too.

Quick Reply: Ground Problems