2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Shaved door handles on my Neon...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shaved door handles on my Neon...

god damn i love this car!!!!!!!!!! wanna trade nate??? lol, kidding...

Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
NeonOn19s
Captain

ORIGINAL: KARR

ORIGINAL: NeonOn19s

ORIGINAL: mat663

I summon NeonOn19's to this thread...*throws out pokeball*

(He has them but i dont know how)
*** Voice from the clouds call******

Got the message... Actually I like the look of the car now with the handles shaved off. I do get a lot of complements on it. As for the poppers I wish that I would have gone with the auto window roll down on my alarm system instead. The shop that did my popers did a good time but it puts stress on the metal and paint. If I was to do it again, I would get the door done, remove the poppers and install the code to my voper alarm to roll down the windows to get to the door handle. I have met a lot of custom cruisers here in Houston that live by the window application. It used less power and no real issue with parts breaking.

On a second note make sure that you have a emergency way into the car. If your battery dies you would have to bust a window or Slim Jim the lock ( and sometimes that won't work due to the modifying of the doors)

As for the Suicide door on the back, I wanted to do it, but I would have to downsize my wheels to a 17" maybe a 18". The mounting bracket is very large and will take up alot of the upper wheel well (if done right). I still might do it, but I would have to give up my ride quality and remove my full coilover system and but it on bags.... (the car really isn't a DD any more so it might happen next year....)

I hope that this helps at all.

I like the smooth doors. How long did it take for you to get your car show ready?
I've been working on the car since 2002. but did the major exterior changes over the winter. Its been a non-stop for a while....

Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 AM
neon chic
Veteran

definatly make sure u have another way in not only if the battery fails but door poppers are known to fail the solenoids tend to go and make sure u use a fairly thick wire ive seen a couple use too thin of wire and it burnt up never fun to be ripping your door panel off cuz a wires burning inside it! good luck .... neon on 19's your car looks awesome!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:25 AM
mat663
All Star

This is exactly why i summoned neon on 19's lol. If anyone out there doesnt like his car, then something is wrong...i mean his car is hot.
if you guys havent yet, check out his project thread. search NeonOn19s and it should come up with like 260 replies to that thread.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:21 AM
contagious19
Champion

im going to shave my rear doors during da summer not all four, and door popers on all four

Old 06-20-2008, 10:17 PM
NeonOn19s
Captain

ORIGINAL: contagious19

im going to shave my rear doors during da summer not all four, and door popers on all four
are you going to finish up the fronts at a later time?? That might look a bit funny having the rear done.. Good luck though!!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:34 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

are you going to finish up the fronts at a later time?? That might look a bit funny having the rear done.. Good luck though!!!!
i think it does look funny when it is done like that... i am accually thinking of something alittle different... i have to go to some local junk yards and see if i can not find some sweet door handles to maybe swap out... but that will not be for a VERY VERY VERY long time

Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 PM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: NeonOn19s

ORIGINAL: contagious19

mayb, i wana see how it would look wit just da rear shaved first

Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 AM
mat663
All Star

Hey Neon on 19, have you ever had a battery problem preventing you from entering your doors before?

Old 06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
NeonOn19s
Captain

yes. it is a pain. I had to locate the power wires to my driver's door and splice a terminal to a cordless battery from my drill. It only takes 11.8 volts to pop. now when my car is in the garage I have the hood popped and the battery disconnected just in case.

Quick Reply: Shaved door handles on my Neon...