2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 AM
irishking
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Trouble

Ok maybe someone can help. I am having a little trouble with my car. A while back my car was putting when it rained. I was told to change the ignition coil and spark plug wires that i had. i did so and everything i guess was ok. now it seems that things went a little worst. My car barely started or had trouble starting the other day than when i got it started I reved it a few times. I than took the car for a little drive to the store. It started putting again but this time when i was at a red light. it usually begins to putt or has no pick up if i floor it or when i am driving between 30-40mph @ 2500-3000 rpm's.I drove it the other day and it started to putt so i floored it and it started putting really bad than it sound like a popping noise came from the car or headers area. Someone told me to replace the o2 sensor before he cat. I had msd ignition coil, spark plug wires, aem intake & srt-4 exhaust. any ideas guys/girls. Need help.. Thanks

Old 06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
culthuu
Default RE: Car Trouble

Check your fuel pressure at the rail. My 2000 was doing the same thing and the fuel pump was dying.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM
irishking
Professional

okay cool thanks.. I went to my buddys shop he did a quick test and it spit out a misfire code. i changed my igntion coil, spark plug wires and spark plugs.. It was fine for about 15 miles now its doing it again. SO it def wasnt a spark issue i dont think.. any other ideas besides the fuel rail..

Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
2000LX
Rookie

do a fuel pressure test - sounds like your fuel pump is loosing pressure as the pump gets warm.

Quick Reply: Car Trouble