2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

IowaNeon04 NEW PICS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008 | 09:02 PM
Andpto
All Star
Default RE: IowaNeon04 NEW PICS !!!

car looks great but like lowslowneon said use a tripod!!!! Your pictures will come out alot better. Also when you have the tripod use the self timer so dont even move the camera when you push the shutter button so it won mess up the focus.

Old 07-16-2008 | 09:13 PM
Mike89
Amateur

Cool car except for the rims and tires. Of course that's just my opinion. I can imagine what the ride is like in that car withhardly anyrubber underneath you. No matter what, I will never get into this fad of big rims and skinny tires. I just don't like the looks and what it does to the suspension of the car. I guess I'm just old school. Gimme a nice regular 14" or 15" rim with a nicewide tire and I'm good to go.

This is the look I like.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2174/neonfy9.jpg

Old 07-16-2008 | 09:54 PM
mat663
All Star

Dude! I love pic #15!!! Sexay. lol

I'd hit that...I meant driving it guys, calm down.

wait Iowa,is oyur carmanual?

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:01 PM
KARR
Record Breaker
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:06 PM
mat663
All Star

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Haha

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:10 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

LOL!

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:14 PM
Exubus
|
Champion

ORIGINAL: j_son600

Looks good I like the stripes, looks like your rims almost match the color car perfect. I choose pic #1 the car looks most aggressive in that one.
Thanks. Yeah, the rims are painted bright silver and clear-coated, they basically are the same color as the car (and for those wondering, if my car was a different color like green, no I would not have green rims lol).

ORIGINAL: Midnight

The stripes are very nice and the wheels were a good choice. I would drive it.

I took some night pics of mine the other night but they were just quick ones in a **** lighted parking lot. Im gonna wash and wax one day and take some real nice ones. I dont have any nice ones yet: https://dodgeforum.com/m_1366729/tm.htm
Thank you sir... and for those who mentioned it, the stripes aren't even done yet (lol)... I still havent put the pinstriping on the front bumper like it is on the rest of the car, and I still need to rub out the paint stripes and clear-coat them. BTW I like your car too Midnight. BTW youre nuts to snap a photo off while going 120... lol.

ORIGINAL: Adionik

None of the wife...?

Lol jk
Nope, she wasnt thrilled about it this time, lol.

ORIGINAL: N3ON

looks good man.ill post some thursday along with my video.i really like #12 because ford sucks.nice rims too man
Yeah, #12 is the only photo that I modified a bit... there was a big F250 in the background and it looked WAY closer to the front of my car than it really was... it looked like it was eating my Neon. So it had to go.

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

i also like pic number 1
Im fond of that one too, but I will try to get a nicer pic of it soon with a less "shakey" hand or a different camera.

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

Yeah. I am going to say #1 looks the best, but even that one is pixelated. Car looks good though. If you didn't already, you should try using a tripod. It looks more like there is a lot of noise from having the ISO cranked up high.
Well, the clearest photos that you see were either taken with the camera on the ground, up against a rim or solid object, or resting on my knee. The blurry ones were taken just holding it... I really wish I knew how to crank up the shutter speed, but its not the most advanced camera in the world either... Thanks for the compliments about the car though.

ORIGINAL: KARR

First of all dont go blaming it on the camera. Blame it on the guy holding the camera. LOL. Naw for real man I like pics 1 & 2.
Blame both. LOL.

ORIGINAL: bone33

i like this one, but without the ford in it.

I like this one too... maybe a candidate for my signature... without the Ford in it, of course.

ORIGINAL: Andpto

car looks great but like lowslowneon said use a tripod!!!! Your pictures will come out alot better. Also when you have the tripod use the self timer so dont even move the camera when you push the shutter button so it won mess up the focus.
Like I said, working on it... maybe a 2x4 and a C-clamp will help... lol

ORIGINAL: Mike89

Cool car except for the rims and tires. Of course that's just my opinion. I can imagine what the ride is like in that car withhardly anyrubber underneath you. No matter what, I will never get into this fad of big rims and skinny tires. I just don't like the looks and what it does to the suspension of the car. I guess I'm just old school. Gimme a nice regular 14" or 15" rim with a nicewide tire and I'm good to go.

This is the look I like.

FYI they are 17" rims with almost 50,000 miles on the rims now. Ive hit some pretty big holes, but never bottomed out the tires into the lip of the rim. It does ride a little "rougher" but you get used to it real quick... because ittheycan literallyrun circles around that 14" wheel package you like all day long and never squeel or slide a bit. Youre probably one of the few people I met that actually claim a 14" rim looks better on a Neon than a 16" or 17". The better a car handles, the more the suspension will get pounded, and the better and lower profile tire you will need to do it, period. You cant get performance handling without making a sacrifice or modification to these things. And as far as being "old school" or not getting into the "fad" of it all... dude its just a 17" 5-spoke GT wheel... not a 19" spinner.The style hasbeen around longer than you, so Ipersonally wouldnt call it a "fad." If you really like what you have, its all good, but I guess we're just opposites. Besides, I LOVE to replace struts. I cant get enough of it!

Dude if I put 14" rims on that car, it would make the stripes look completely gay. ... No thanks.

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:17 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

What kind of camera do you have?

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:25 PM
Exubus
|
Champion

A really one.

Old 07-16-2008 | 10:46 PM
mat663
All Star

So did you lower the rear's with those ghetto ring clamps just like you did to the front? how does it ride with those things?

Quick Reply: IowaNeon04 NEW PICS !!!