2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

installing obx headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:45 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing obx headers

i just got my obx headers in today and wrapped the header and downpipe with the head wrap just want to know how install dp to cat is it bolt on or clamped and is it easier to install from underneath or overhead

Old 01-27-2005, 03:08 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: installing obx headers

You are gonna need to be on top and under the car to make it the easiest. I can't remember if the front of the cat is bolted or clamped, I think its bolted.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:18 PM
ZeroTo60in30

i installed my obx header and downpipe 2 months ago at my friends house

it wasnt pretty
we took out the o2 sensors
and got the car a foot over the ground (we rigged jacks and jack stands for this)
after we raised the car we cut the pipe six inches behind the cat and unbolted and removed ththe cat from the manifold
heres where it got tricky
we then unbolted the manifold and it wouldnt come out from underneath so we tried to pull it out from the top and it still wouldnt come out so we took out the ignition coil(?) and it came out
after it was a matter of bolting, cutting and welding and it was done
keep in mind i am car part illiterate.............but this is how we did it...end of story

Old 02-02-2005, 06:30 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: ZeroTo60in30

i installed my obx header and downpipe 2 months ago at my friends house

it wasnt pretty
we took out the o2 sensors
and got the car a foot over the ground (we rigged jacks and jack stands for this)
after we raised the car we cut the pipe six inches behind the cat and unbolted and removed ththe cat from the manifold
heres where it got tricky
we then unbolted the manifold and it wouldnt come out from underneath so we tried to pull it out from the top and it still wouldnt come out so we took out the ignition coil(?) and it came out
after it was a matter of bolting, cutting and welding and it was done
keep in mind i am car part illiterate.............but this is how we did it...end of story
Wow, that had to suck, all you had to do was unbolt the, I believe 8 bolts to the head, 4 from the top and 4 from the bottom. Unbolt the downpipe from the cat, pull it out the bottom. Install the new header. But that how I did my Kirk Racing header

Quick Reply: installing obx headers