2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Catalytic Converter

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Adionik
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with that. I'm going to guess he's gonna say he threw it away and you're screwed. This could get ugly...a lot of mechanics are shiesty.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:25 AM
night709
Veteran

Originally Posted by MaSeDaDdY
he didnt answer my calls and i didnt go over there due to the rain, i guess ill try again tomorrow, sorry it took me so long to get on today i had to work last night and when i woke up today just a bunch of **** to do at the house, ill know for sure tomorrow night...
It's cool man, I still got mine laying around at the shop so it's all good.

Hope he still has it for ya.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

shiesty, thanks adionik that helped relieved some stress from the off topic. Mase i would just go back to the shop whenever you get a chance and ask for it back and if he doenst have it then ask for AT LEAST WHAT you paid him back

Old 08-07-2008, 05:51 AM
MaSeDaDdY

Yeah hes a little shiesty allright, i had hydrostatic lock (water got in cylinders and pushed a rod through my block) like 3 months ago and had to wait an entire month for him to put my engine in, hes just the only guy i can "get" my car back and make payments on work instead of straight payments.... never again am i going back to him

Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
night709
Veteran

Yeah hes a little shiesty allright, i had hydrostatic lock (water got in cylinders and pushed a rod through my block) like 3 months ago and had to wait an entire month for him to put my engine in, hes just the only guy i can "get" my car back and make payments on work instead of straight payments.... never again am i going back to him
Does he have your converter?

Old 08-07-2008, 05:19 PM
MaSeDaDdY

he said he doesnt have it anymore, but hell put it on if i get one, so i guess if you dont mind ill take the one you have,

Old 08-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Exubus
Champion

he said he doesnt have it anymore, but hell put it on if i get one, so i guess if you dont mind ill take the one you have,
That sucks... he probably already got money for it at the scrapyard.

I assume you already made up your mind to ever go back to him... just saying, since he sounds like a real dick. I would ask around quick and go somewhere else with a good rep. once you get another cat for your car...

Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 PM
night709
Veteran

yea, i can sell ya mine. I should be on the 360 tonight since you added me. My computer last night crashed so I'm having to use a friends at the moment. Just shoot me up on xbox live tonight or send me a PM. :P

Sorry to hear he tossed it.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:06 AM
MaSeDaDdY

hey man i wasnt able to get on tonight either, but if you want pm about how much you want for it or a number or whatever you want to do so we can work it out...

Old 08-09-2008, 07:06 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

tell ya what, your mechanic broke a federal law, by taking the cat off and not putting it back on. might wanna run that by him, before you go and buy another one. he could get into serious trouble and might even loose his inspection license over an issue like this.

i would do a little research, find out how the law reads and let him know that you are willing to persue action or report him, if he doesnt put a cat on for you free of charge.

why should you have to buy an expensive cat, just cuz he felt like scrapping yours for beer money??

Last edited by bone33; 08-09-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter