2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Sub/Amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM
meatpuff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub/Amp

So I picked up a Sub/Amp/Wires the other day. Planning to install it myself, I already have a new deck in my car. Either my searching abilities suck or there isnt anything on it. Does anyone have a good set of instructions on how to install it? Like is there already a hole in the fire wall that I could pass the wires through? Where to pop up the carpet to run the wires, that kind of stuff? Thank you.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

i have a 1gen so idk if it will apply but im sure it will.....there should already be a hole in the firewall on the drivers side upper left hand corner...should also be able to see it with hood open...if your standing infront of the car...with the hood up it will be on the right upper corner..so you able to run your power wire back to the amp...as far as getting wiring and so on under the carpet easiest thing to do is pop of the black door runners...so when you open your door look straight down and pop that piece off...then just pick the carpet up and run all your wires but the rca's...you want to run the rca's on the opposite side of the car..that covers the man points pm me if you want pics or need more help

Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

There is a couple of holes in the firewall. The one you need for your Monster cable (power wire from your battery) is located right behind the battery. Look down and you will see a black rubber grommet. Then from the inside of your car have someone pull down the carpet a little and look for the Monster cable being pushed through. When I did mines I had my dad push the cable through. Take a flat head screwdriver and pry up the plastic moldings holding your carpet down and tuck your Monster cable (on your drivers side) and your RCA cable (from the back of your radio) (on the passenger side of your car) and tuck the wire under until you get to the back seat then just pull up on the bottom part of the backseat and finshing running the wire under the seat. Then connect the wires to your Amp and zip tie together the remaining wire so it wont be just bunched up in your trunk or under your seat. Now for the ground wire I used my drill and took a screw and use a magnet if your not sure and find a part of the body inside the trunk to drill a hole and ground your system. Hint. I used the metal beam that runs across (left to right) where the 6x9's are. Just drill the hole off to the side of the beam. Let me know if you need more help.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
mjs182004
Veteran

i used the strut mount nuts in the trunk for my ground. that way you don't have to do any drilling

Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
meatpuff

Awesome, thank you. I am going to be doing this on Saturday, will help out a lot. Thanks again.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

PM me if you need more help or advice or tricks. Oh yeah I forgot the most important thing to always do. Disconnect the battery first BEFORE you mess with the radio.

Quick Reply: Sub/Amp