2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

extra keys and oil question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
luke9511
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extra keys and oil question

hello all, i need extra keys for my car but after calling my local dodge dealership/stealership its going to cost me about 394 dollars+tax or so for 3 keys and have them programmed, is there a cheaper way of doing this? any info would be great, now i have been following this thread and have replyed and the brought up some good questions etc, my neon has 77k miles on it now and was wondering if it would be bad to switch to synthetic after probably using regular oil the oil time the first owner had the car (though im not sure no records) any info on this too would be great, thanks in advance for any help/advice

Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

I'd just start using lucas oil stabilizer with your oil changes.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

I use to use Restore in my other car. Its a silver can. Its with all the other oil products. My uncle (my mechanic) told me that my cousin uses it and it works. So I tried it and it does work.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
mat663
All Star

When you speak of extra keys, do you mean just a key or a key with buttons on it? If its just a key, go to home depot, and it will cost under $5....if it has buttons, I would say research into ebaymotors.com. They have a bunch of items listed that claims you can program a key yourself easily...and it's usually around $20 shipped. check it out yourself:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Tru...fxdZ1QQ_ptasZ1

Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Exubus
Champion

Don't put the restore in your car if it doesn't need it... try doing a compression test on the cylinders first. If it's good, skip the "restore."

I would recommend just using a good all-around conventional oil. I am not a huge believer in oil additives when it comes to long-term issues. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: extra keys and oil question