2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Parts from an srt to an sxt

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
sxt_04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parts from an srt to an sxt

What parts from an srt can I put on my 04 sxt auto?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
blackflame
Captain

almost anything...the question is what though? Usually swapping something over requires something else too. If you want the rear section exhaust from the srt-4 you need the mid section or a glasspack. If you want the turbo then its a lot more. if you want the engine you need a lot. But seriously, anything you can think of you can probably swap over. They are basically the same car.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
almost anything...the question is what though? Usually swapping something over requires something else too. If you want the rear section exhaust from the srt-4 you need the mid section or a glasspack. If you want the turbo then its a lot more. if you want the engine you need a lot. But seriously, anything you can think of you can probably swap over. They are basically the same car.
yopu dont need a midpipe from an SRT4 in fact i suggest you dont get the midpipe from one...b/c it tapers down to 2in where it meets the rear section.... and i dont have a reg neon midpipe or resonators or a glasspack on my midpipe... it sounds just fine and there is a ton of stuff you cant swap over... the valve cover for instance... it wont really fit on our lil 2.0's too well.... but yea :-D what do you wanna swap over? the whole motor?! GOOD IDEA! DOOOO IT!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
sxt_04

I do want to replace the engine in the near futur. Right now its the brakes, rear section, exhast, and parts of the body! With the engine what would I need for the swap?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
contagious19
Champion

Originally Posted by sxt_04
I do want to replace the engine in the near futur. Right now its the brakes, rear section, exhast, and parts of the body! With the engine what would I need for the swap?
u can swap da rear disk if u dont have disk already. da whole exhaust, front and rear bumper, sideskirts, trunk wit spoiler, front and rear seats, rims, and for da engine u need engine
tranny
wiring harness
axles
clutch pedal assembly
and theres a lot more i dont remeber

Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

full list of supplied (well almost full) is in the turbo sticky on the top of the 2nd gen section here... and as for the exhaust that is 100% transferable from the cat back, all body parts can be swapped, cept if you have a 00-02 you will need 03-05 SXT or SRT headlights and tail lights along with the front and rear bumpers, the hood is a direct swap cept it is a little bit shorter so it leaves a little bit of a gap... do a search and you will find pics of it done... umm brakes... if you have all disc brakes it will be easier but either way you will need the entire hub and brake assembly from an SRT4 in order to do the swap, you can do a search here and on 2gn.org for some write-ups on that swap, let me just start by saying the brakes are a VERRRRRY complicated swap from what I understand... so yea... hope that helps..

Quick Reply: Parts from an srt to an sxt