2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

04 Oil Pressure Hookup

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM
srt4rez
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 04 Oil Pressure Hookup

Does anyone know where the brass fitting is on the head of a 2.0 liter head? I'm gonna hook up a mechanical oil pressure onto my 04 SXT Dodge Neon. I found the one on the SRT-4, but I'm having difficulty finding one on the 2.0 head. Any suggestions will help.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

right on the back of the block on the drivers side... ur gonna need a special tool to take the stock pressure sensor off and put on w/e you need to put on.... good luck...

Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
OhNo2.0
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of special tool do you talk about? I pull special tools out of my but.

And if you think pulling the electric oil pressure sensor is a smart idea think again. You cel will be on and your computer will be going frigging bonkers cause it thinks you have no oil pressure.

The best way to install a real pressure sensor is to somehow tee it off so you still have the original sensor. I'm not sure if the oil pressure is from the pressure from inside the block, or the pressure from the oil pump. If it's block pressure you can run it off your oil pan, if it's not....tee it off or deal with a CEL and possible other issues.

TRUST ME, don't go removing factory sensors unless you have a way of bypassing it without causing discrepencies. Some cars when the sensor shows no oil pressure it will shut off the fuel pump so good luck with that. Not really sure on the neon though.

Last edited by OhNo2.0; 11-08-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: 04 Oil Pressure Hookup