2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

No heat from heater!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
calligan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heat from heater!

I have a 2003 Dodge neon SXT. Just started using my heater and it just barely gets warm.
My car temp is normal. I bled the cooling system several times and replaced the thermostat and radiator cap. Both of the lines to the heater core get hot so I don't think its a heater core issue.
Could it be the Blend door?? Or something else?

Old 11-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Italianpapi70

I had the same issue with my old V-6 stratus R/T, in that car it ended up to be the stereo cables blocking the true operation of the heat adjustment. If you have an aftermarket stereo make sure nothing is hung up, if not use a lower temp thermostat, that will let it open at a lower degree and make more heat.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:10 AM
calligan
Default Update

My car had a head gasket problem last spring. It was over heating with the ac on. My water and oil wasn't mixing, but I was getting combustion gases in the coolant (when ever I tried bleeding the coolant It was just a constant stream of bubbles). I put some bars headgasket leak in and that cleared up the problem. I noticed a few times now when I stop my car after driving for 20-30 minutes I hear the coolant bubbling back into the over flow. My car isn't running hot, but I think maybe the leak is back and it's letting air into my heater core.

How hard is it to replace the head gasket on a dodge neon? Or could something else be causing the bubbling sound?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Pepo

I just bought mine and it seems to take like 30 minutes to get hot. Seems odd, to me though.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

Im having a similar problem. My uncle (my only mechanic) suggest I change my thermostat and flush and fill my radiator. He said my radiator may have some rust build up. I need to take care of this asap. I was going to do it today but I just recently got off work after a long week and Im too tired.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:48 PM
mcfisher1980
Veteran

could also be a heater core issue as well.

Quick Reply: No heat from heater!