2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

SRT Design exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Neon05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Design exhaust ?

I am picking up my new '05 Silver SXT next month and I got the SRT design option. It comes with a dual exhaust.
Does anyone know if this exhaust is the same as the one that comes on the SRT-4?

I am very new to all of this, and I am trying to decide which upgrades I may want to do. It seems that CAI and exhaust are some of the first mods that are recommended, but do I need to worry about the exhaust if it is the same as the SRT-4? Will I notice much performance gain or would the change be more for the sound? Any suggestions??

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:10 AM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: SRT Design exhaust ?

Nope, Just the R/T exhaust. Simple to tell the difference, just look for the muffler. The Srt4 has no muffler as the turbo limits sound output.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Neon05

Ahh, okay. thanks for the response. The dealer wasn't able to tell me and all I have seen of the car is pictures.
So I guess I need to start thinking about what to replace it with. I know I want to keep the dual tips.
I want to do the exhaust the same time as the CAI install.
I am just not sure what all I need to look into changing when approaching the exhaust. From what I can tell, bigger is not always better.
Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for or places to find more information? What are some of you with dual tips running?
I am more interested in performance over sound if that makes a difference. I want a good sound, but it doesn't have to be a roar that is going to have the neighbors looking out their windows when I drive by.
Thanks again.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Neonsxt
Professional

actually the R/T exhaust in my opinion is ver nice for stock quite but has a descent sound still

Old 02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Neon05

Thanks. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I am just not real sure what I should be looking for in an exhaust.
All of this is new to me and I am trying to get educated
this forum has been great.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Neonsxt
Professional

well if you want a deep and nice looking exhaust get the borla...but if not and just want a nice looking quiet exhaust stick with the rt style

Quick Reply: SRT Design exhaust ?