2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Clutch problem?... Not Exactly

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 AM
redbirdhky6
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem?... Not Exactly

ok. So most of you know, I have a boosted 01 R/T. Ran great for 2 years solid, other than problems with stock clutch. Not a suprise though, considering im making almost 100hp more than stock. Well i recently bought a new clutch and put it in. At about 500 miles, I started experiencing problems(which i thought were the clutch)...After some investigating I figured it was more than likely the master or slave cylinder. After I bought the master, I was checking around and found the real problem. ***My firewall is cracked behind the pedal, so pushing the clutch in is just moving the firewall.*** (ill get some pictures tonight probably) so the only way to fix it is to remove everything of the firewall and try to reenforce it...so, I might be parting the car out, IDK yet

Old 03-16-2009, 11:17 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

IF U PART IT OUT I WANT THE STOCK SIDE SKIRTS!!!!!! AND REAR BODY LIP!!!! DIBS...lol

all dibs aside...

but that does really suck, i am sorry to hear that, i wounder how it cracked? did u hit something to cause it to do that? huh.... well good luck and let us know what happens with it....

Old 03-16-2009, 11:55 AM
smallblockfreak
All Star

If i were you i'd just weld it and keep driving it.

Quick Reply: Clutch problem?... Not Exactly