2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2004 Dodge Neon sxt FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:58 AM
nineball
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any kit you buy (or individual parts) that lower a vehicle will decrease the ride comfort. there is no real way around it. if you give a car less room to travel you will feel the bumps more. you can't change the laws of physics.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

True that too. ^^

Old 03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
TeamSXT

If you lower your ride the "right way," you can save yourself really rough ride quality down the road. Shop around for lowering springs (Eibach or H&Rs) and a good set of shocks (by good I mean they will probably be around $400 like tokico, koni, etc). The stock shocks on your car aren't going to be able to take the stress of a drop and it will wear them out FAST!! There's also lowering kits that you may have heard of called, "true coilovers" OR "full coilovers." These are nice to get because they have all the necessary components you need (integrated threaded body shocks and adjustable lower perch). Most coilover kits like that can be adjusted manually for street or show (adjustable from 1"-4" manually). Just do some research on these to find what is best suited for your ride and your wallet. Most likely, you'll be spending anywhere from $600-$1000 on the drop. Hope this helped.

Here's a good link that may help you out: http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/coilover.html

Old 03-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Nappers
Professional

I paid $9,499 for my new '05 Neon in '06.....had a big sale and they were liquidating them.

SXT, 5 sp, power front windows, cruise, CD, and spoiler.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 AM
kimicub
Talking

Originally Posted by TeamSXT
If you lower your ride the "right way," you can save yourself really rough ride quality down the road. Shop around for lowering springs (Eibach or H&Rs) and a good set of shocks (by good I mean they will probably be around $400 like tokico, koni, etc). The stock shocks on your car aren't going to be able to take the stress of a drop and it will wear them out FAST!! There's also lowering kits that you may have heard of called, "true coilovers" OR "full coilovers." These are nice to get because they have all the necessary components you need (integrated threaded body shocks and adjustable lower perch). Most coilover kits like that can be adjusted manually for street or show (adjustable from 1"-4" manually). Just do some research on these to find what is best suited for your ride and your wallet. Most likely, you'll be spending anywhere from $600-$1000 on the drop. Hope this helped.

Here's a good link that may help you out: http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/coilover.html

yess that helps out a lot. finally someone answered my question lol obviously its not going to ride great like it does stock haha. thanks!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:54 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I missed it, but there ya go I suppose, lol

Old 03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
nineball
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nappers
SXT, 5 sp, power front windows, cruise, CD, and spoiler.
pretty sure all sxt models came whit those options. i think the only non-standard was the sunroof, but i may be wrong. i haven't seen an sxt without those items you mentioned yet.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Nappers
Professional

Some didn't come with cruise control. My wife made sure it had cruise control.

Love the car, the only problem is a leaky gasket on the axle that is still under warranty and need to get it fixed before that runs out.....

Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Tman52
Professional

Mine was 12k back in 2002.. It had 5 miles on it.. I win

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Neon sxt FOR SALE