2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

04 Dodge Neon MSD/plug wires/plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
jeffdodge0487
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 Dodge Neon MSD/plug wires/plugs

i was wondering what was the best upgrade in terms of spark plugs, spark plug wires and coil pack. I was looking on Modern Performance.com and i want to buy the MSD coil pack, Granatelli plug wires and NGK iridium w/cold spark range. I also heard that the NGK plugs could potentially be bad for the motor and cause misfires and bad spark. I have many engine upgrades as of today and was just wondering if anybody had some ideas or helpful info.

Thanks, Jeff

Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
ewetho
All Star

Have you modded the engine with cams compression and such?? If not stick with stock heat range. NGK makes a great plug.

The coil is no better than stock. Looks good though.

Plug wire won't get you any performance but they should last a long time.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

The all do the same thing, it doesn't matter what you buy. You won't gain any hp or tq with just a coil, wires and plugs, all your doing is returning optimal power that has been lost over time. Paying more for the msd pack over the gran, is rediculus they both are oem replacements, the only thing msd has over gran is its name and the look of the coil. Ngk's work, Platinums are iffy I would stay away. Unless your running boost or have a high compression motor you don't need colder spark plugs.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:36 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

i've heard bad things about the granatelli wires but that doesn't mean anything. I have the msd coil and ngk plugs on my car. I just have some random brand of wires on there and no misfire i already went through that headache.

Quick Reply: 04 Dodge Neon MSD/plug wires/plugs