2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Best way to spend $500ish

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
liquidsieh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to spend $500ish

I have an 05 sxt neon. Currently my only mods are CAI, tint, and stereo. I recently came into $500 'fun' money. I am hoping to invest all if it, plus a bit more if needed, into my neon. I am all about function over form, appearances mean little to me, I just like to zip around. Currently what I am thinking about is an underdrive pulley, motor mounts, sway bar and possibly a throttle body. The pulley so my poor HP doesnt get raped when I turn on the AC, motor mounts so I can pretend that my car is fast off the line. I'm not sold on the throttle body yet because as I understand it is really not needed unless your car is more modified than mine currently is. The only other option I'm considering is an exhaust, but since the computer in 2nd gen neons regulates the HP output anyways I think it would be a waste of money since looks are low on my list of wants/needs. Bottom line, is there a better way to drop $500 on a neon? As always, any feed back at all is much appreciated.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

headers? its its a mtx maybe a STS.. UDP would be good

Old 06-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

a pulley is a deff good upgrade... a header wouldn't hurt... the sway bar is also a good mod... a cam would be worth it but if a remember right the 04 and up neons don't respond to parts as well as earlier neons... a pcm would be a worth while upgrade if your manual... also will help the car respond to the bolts ons a lot better... a larger tb wouldn't hurt....

Last edited by Altima_wb; 06-02-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i would have to say header, exhaust, udp. a full exhaust will help the car breath, gaining some hp. u could also look for an rt head, just a thought

Old 06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Py1stazty
Professional

yea if you don't wanna turbo get a header.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Buy a nice suit.

If you really want to put the money in your car, it helps to know what you have. mtx or atx. If atx, do a mtx swap. If mtx, ebay sts, ebay udp, ebay header, and should still have money left over to take the lady out.

Quick Reply: Best way to spend $500ish