2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I need help replacing a belt tensioner pulley

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 08:57 PM
pbone79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help replacing a belt tensioner pulley

I have a 2000 plymouth neon and need to replace the belt tensioner for the power steering and A/C belt. I have already bought the part but now I cannot get the old bracket off. I don't know what type of tool is used to get into the tight space to remove the bolts. I have tried crowes feet and regular sockets but they don't fit. If anyone knows of a good tool to fit into this very tight space please let me know.

Thanks

Paul

Old 03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
doehrli
Default RE: I need help replacing a belt tensioner pulley

hey sorry to bother u, but im having the same trouble with my 2000 dodge neon. did u find anything out or find a tool to replace the pulley. ive done some searches on the net but the only thing i could find was one person who was replacing the timing belt as well. he went thru the process of removing the timing belt cover plate and then taking off the pulley. did u have to go thru that whole process as well??

can get back to me thru email.

doehrli@yahoo.com

thank you for any help u may have.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 AM
DarkNeoSXT04

it would prolly be easier to just replace the whole tensioner rather than try to just replace the pulley....n e way in either case u can get a special tool used to remove belts and it also can be used to get into small places....its almost like a slim jim but it was an open end and u can put different attachments on it for different size bolts and such....let me know if u get it fixed

Old 04-01-2006, 03:47 PM
auctionlover

I know what you are saying. I went to the metal shop up the road with 1/4"? adapter and had him weld one through a peice of flat bar the grind it down to less than the width of a cigarette pack. I got the idea from a automotive store that sold me a $50 tool that was basically the same thing but i returned it instead of grinding it down and bought the adapter for $2 in the bargain bin.

Quick Reply: I need help replacing a belt tensioner pulley