00' Neon Whinning when Turning

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Xtreme Thunder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00' Neon Whinning when Turning

Hey,

Just bought by 00' Neon ES last week and just noticed a whinning noise when I steer. Could this be a power steering pump or is it just the way they sound when they turn? It does not do it when cold, just when fully warm when steering. Just wanted to see what people thought so that I can get it replaced under warranty. I will probably call the dealer in the morning though.

Thanks,

-Joe-

Old 03-18-2005, 02:59 AM
RayDog26
All Star
Default RE: 00' Neon Whinning when Turning

its prolly the pump.. do you noticed steering get difficult ?? do you have power steering fluid ?

Old 03-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Xtreme Thunder
Professional

Problem fixed, and it took me to notice it. I just got the car two weeks ago and I just happened to have the hood up, so I decided to check the fluids....everything was OK except for the power steering fluid. With a HOT engine the fluid was just below the add mark....hummm. Yeah I could have done it, but I took it back to the dealer and showed them what they let a car go off the lot like. They Filled it, flushed it, replaced the serpintine belt and put new front mopar pads on my front breakes. Cool. At least I got that annoying whinning noise fixed. I love warranties.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 PM
casper
Legend

Glad you got it fixed. I had my oil changed at the dealer on one of my other cars and they forgot to put oil back in the car!!! Needless to say I got a nice shiney new motor.

Quick Reply: 00' Neon Whinning when Turning