2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Do Neons have a problem staying aligned?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Do Neons have a problem staying aligned?

To try and keep the story short:
  • Car was aligned after the transmission fiasco and the control arm bushings were replaced. The front was way out, and the RR had one spec about a tenth off, which was fixed as well.
  • It has been about four months, and as far as I know from the one other driver along with myself, the car has just be driven "normal" and not hit any big bumps or anything that could possibly cause the alignment to go out.
  • Took it in today because the tires have started to wear improperly, and all four tires were out of alignment. The toe was out on all four corners, and the camber was off on the front.
The alignment is warrantied for 30 days. I, and I alone, will be driving the car and will take it in after 29 days to have it checked again so I will know exactly how it has been driven (not thinking this is the problem) or if it hits any large bumps or potholes faster than it should.

My friend, who is great with cars, and myself cannot think of anything that would cause all four wheels on a car to go out of alignment with normal driving after four months. I don't drive it any differently than any other vehicles, and none of them have ever been out of alignment. My dad drives the **** out of his F150 (a lot harder than I drive my vehicles), and after almost 9 years, it is still in alignment.

Any ideas or is this a problem with these cars?

Old 06-26-2009, 04:03 AM
j_son600
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never had a problem with alignment on mine, and being 3" off the ground my suspension takes a beating. Possibly a bigger problem, or the place you are taking it to is doing crappy work?

Old 06-27-2009, 01:11 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It is Les Schwab. They have always done good work for me, especially in the 5 years or so I have been using them. They and myself can't figure it out.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:24 AM
KARR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a second opinion from another shop like NTB. Thats where I got my tires from back in April 09.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, I should do that. I will give a few places a call tomorrow and see what anyone else thinks. Thanks for the suggestions guys

Quick Reply: Do Neons have a problem staying aligned?