2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 SXT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
pointblank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 SXT Performance

Ok so im pretty good with cars and i just got a 2002 neon sxt and i have been looking around at different products and i wanna start modifying it performance wise to make it quicker. i wanna focus mainly on acceleration and handling and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the best products for this and any DIY things i could do. also how fast have some of u gotten an sxt or any other non turbo like mine?

Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
contagious19
Champion

how much are u looking to spend? there are many different things u can do like port and polish the head or an intake, intake manifold, sway bars for handleling drop springs and i can keep going on just depends on ur budget

Old 01-15-2010, 11:06 AM
pointblank

price isnt much of an issue as long as the price is worth it. i just want to know if your opinion on the best power addition for the best price. its an automatic unfortunatly just to let you know. also anything that you can do yourself without having to go to the shop is great as well

Old 01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
spec_ops57
Rookie

Right off the bat,
Cold Air Intake
Front and Rear Sway Bars.

Both are easy to find, and should take you a total of 10 minutes to install.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

I'd have to say get rid of the auto and get a 3.94 gear ratio manual trans out of an r/t not only because the auto is weak but you'll get a lot better acceleration and for the most power to cost it would be turbo'd since it takes a lot of money and a lot of work to make an N/A neon go fast. N/A neons aren't the smartest thing to build. Also going boosted the stock bottom end can hold 8 psi safely so if your looking for high numbers your gonna want to build the block with forged internals.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:54 AM
pointblank

Thanks for the input guys. Let's say I start off keeping the auto and doing stuff like CAI, cat back etc. What kind of 0-60 would I b running? What would b the best way to turbo it? Get an srt engine or get a turbo kit and and engine rebuild kit? Plus what other tuning and preperwtion would I need for the tubo and about how much would this all cost? And with the turbo what's the 0-60?

Quick Reply: 02 SXT Performance