2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Throttle Body for 2000 Dodge Neon

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
cmeyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body for 2000 Dodge Neon

I have been collecting parts for my car just got in the mail yesterday my Magna Catback exhaust and today my K&N CAI. Well here is my situation. I wasn't paying attention when I ordered a 60mm MPx Throttle Body. When it showed up in the mail today it said it was for a Automatic transmission. Rechecked their site and they only sell the Throttle Body for the Automatic Transmission. My 2000 Dodge Neon is a Manual Transmission. I have been looking around and I can not for the life of me find a Throttle Body that I can get for my car besides a stock one. Does anybody know where I can get a Throttle Body? I have looked at the links provided by the Forum and Googled it as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cmeyer
I have been collecting parts for my car just got in the mail yesterday my Magna Catback exhaust and today my K&N CAI. Well here is my situation. I wasn't paying attention when I ordered a 60mm MPx Throttle Body. When it showed up in the mail today it said it was for a Automatic transmission. Rechecked their site and they only sell the Throttle Body for the Automatic Transmission. My 2000 Dodge Neon is a Manual Transmission. I have been looking around and I can not for the life of me find a Throttle Body that I can get for my car besides a stock one. Does anybody know where I can get a Throttle Body? I have looked at the links provided by the Forum and Googled it as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you looked over the stock one and the mpx one, side by side?

If I remember correctly you can use atx tb's on mtx neons but you can't use atx tb on mtx neons because the lack of a kickdown cable hole.

I'll search and post back

Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
cmeyer

I have been doing some looking around and found at http://faq.neons.org/faq/FAQ_AMP.html that you can use the atx tb on a mtx car. the statement is.......For an MTX car, install the throttle body from an ATX car ($35-75, get it from a junkyard). This modification is only effective in conjunction with a cold air intake. Can one say this is a fairly accurate statement? If this is true I dont have to return the throttle body I can go ahead and use it. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Well, that whole page is about the 1st gens 95-99 so completely throw that out.

I havn't found any information telling me that there is a difference, so you are going to have to put them side by side tomorrow and look them over.
It should fit prefectly based on my reading.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
cmeyer

thanks i appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body for 2000 Dodge Neon