2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 neon vibration- need help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 AM
hartland74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 neon vibration- need help please

Hey Guys. I have a 2003 sxt neon 120,000 miles- 2.0 auto trans. giving me fits. When you come to a stoplight the idle starts to drop after about 5 seconds to around 400-500 rpm. The whole car vibrates like crazy. You can shift into nuetral and back into drive and it will quit and the rpms will return to normal until the next stop. You can also shift into nuetral and then back into drive at a stop before the rpms drop, and it will not do it. Sometimes when the rpms start to drop you can cut the steering wheel either L or R and it will stop and the rpms will return to normal.The dash also goes crazy every now and then and all the gauges go to zero. I have had the car at 2 differant mechanics and no one can figure it out. I have changed the computer, fuel pressure regulator, motor mounts, belt idler, idle control valve, cleaned the throttle body , ran 2 cans of seafoam thru the fuel. It is also making a thumping noise coming from the drivers side which sounds just like an axle, both axles and left hub assembly has been replaced with no luck. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? Thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 07:06 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you replaced the two torque struts, top and bottom, or the one motor mount on the frame?

Quick Reply: 2003 neon vibration- need help please