2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Please Help 2003 Dodge Neon Overheating!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:34 PM
sapporo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why can't people spell vacuum?

the Neon I just did with a bad headgasket didn't loose any noticeable coolant. there was just a little leakage around cylinder #1 but quite a bit of bubbling in the water neck. I did the HC test to verify and it was positive.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:24 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by sapporo
why can't people spell vacuum?
When I was a kid (back in the Stone Age) that was often a word in spelling bees.....

Dusty

Old 04-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Sethdedun

[QUOTE=sapporo;2248213]why can't people spell vacuum?

For the same reason you can't spell "Lose"

I realize it's been 3-1/2 years, but how did this overheating problem fare for you? friend has an 03 Neon, a shop just replaced the head gasket a week ago, then it blew on her again, they (the mechanics) claim they cannot find any reason for the vehicle to be overheating now.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Pauly1581

Fan relay problem.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:10 PM
RevGlenn

I have a 2003 Neon that has once again decided to start overheating. Last August (8/2017) my Neon started its first round it overheating. Had car looked at and was determined to be heater core. Had it replaced and had a good few days. Since the radiator was original and looked a little beat up I replaced the radiator. Bought me a few days and it started again. Checked the fans and not working correctly. Replaced fan only to find out that there were connection issues in the harness. Corrected issue and fine for a few days. When it started again did compression test and gas test to discover gases in the coolant. Replaced head gasket, water pump, timing gear, belt, tensioner, both hoses, and thermostat. Also burped system. Fast forward ten month to today and bang, overheating again. Was able to pull off and cut the engine before temp got completely to high. Shut the car off and had coolant overflow. Any suggestions?
I have a 2003 Neon that has once again decided to start overheating. Last July (7/2017) my Neon started its first round it overheating. Had car looked at and was determined to be heater core. Had it replaced and had a good few days before it once again overheated. Since the radiator was original and looked a little beat up I replaced the radiator. Bought me a few days,...and it started again. Checked the fans and they were not working correctly. Replaced fan only to find out that there were connection issues in the harness. Corrected harness issue and fine for a few days. When it started again (late August/early September) I did compression test and gases test to discover gases in the coolant. Replaced head gasket, water pump, timing gear, belt, tensioner, both hoses, and thermostat. Also replaced all the gasket, seals, O-rings about the head as well as burped the system. Fast forward ten month to today and bang, overheating again. Was able to pull off and cut the engine before temp got completely to high. Shut the car off and had coolant overflow. Any suggestions?

Last edited by jkeaton; 07-17-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:06 PM
mike L
Professional

I had a second radiator fan not turning on when the a/c is turned on.

Quick Reply: Please Help 2003 Dodge Neon Overheating!!