2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

05 Neon R/T brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
daveyg
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Neon R/T brakes?

Need new brakes for my R/T, rear rotors need replaced, pads all around, getting fronts turned, only prob is most sites do not list an R/T, my question is, do I need brakes for an SXT or for an SRT-4? I'm thinking the SXT, but need feedback before I drop $200+ on the wrong parts... Also, anybody wanna tell me the cheapest place to get these parts? I was thinking CSKauto.com, but am open to other suggestions. Gonna use carbon-ceramic pads and mid grade rotors.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:08 PM
blacksunshine05
Professional

Originally Posted by daveyg
Need new brakes for my R/T, rear rotors need replaced, pads all around, getting fronts turned, only prob is most sites do not list an R/T, my question is, do I need brakes for an SXT or for an SRT-4? I'm thinking the SXT, but need feedback before I drop $200+ on the wrong parts... Also, anybody wanna tell me the cheapest place to get these parts? I was thinking CSKauto.com, but am open to other suggestions. Gonna use carbon-ceramic pads and mid grade rotors.
Use this link you can pick front or rear rotors. Get the Hawk HPS Street pads. http://www.modernperformance.com/000...c-148_198.html

Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 PM
daveyg
Amateur

So my R/T uses the same brakes as the SXT?

Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 AM
blacksunshine05
Professional

Originally Posted by daveyg
So my R/T uses the same brakes as the SXT?
Are you talking about your 2003 R/T in your signature area? Or are you talking about a 2005 R/T because the R/T was discontinued in 2004. Only the SE/SXT and SRT-4 continued in 2005.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:59 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksunshine05
Are you talking about your 2003 R/T in your signature area? Or are you talking about a 2005 R/T because the R/T was discontinued in 2004. Only the SE/SXT and SRT-4 continued in 2005.
This, for starters. Then...

**** CSK brake pads. I've got them on the front of my car now...the worst brake pad I've EVER put on a car. The one time I went cheap, I regretted it; a lot, and still do since the pads are still on there. I've pretty much decided this next time around to go with either something like Wagner Thermoquiet's, EBC Ultimax's or Hawk HPS pads for a bit more stopping power. I'm leaning most towards the EBC pads though. I've got the HPS pads on my other car and they work great! Don't cheap out on stuff, especially when it comes to brakes. I've learned my lesson.

Quick Reply: 05 Neon R/T brakes?