2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

turbo stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:50 PM
NeonDriver01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo stuff

is anyone here familar with turbo's now that squee is gone? i was wondering if there was a book or something that would explain everything that you would need to build a turbo kit? or does anyone know off hand everything you would need? i have an 01 auto. Ive done mostly just cosmetic stuff to it other than the borla dual catback exhaust k&n air filter. so its pretty stock. so mainly im wondering 1. is there a book that explains it all for the neons? or 2. what would i need to build it myself, what upgrades would i have to do so it wouldnt go poof . i know i could just order one from modern but what fun is that? im more into doing things on my own kind of feel better that way so i know everything im getting is good and top of the line not just the basic turbo.
thanks.

ps: have the cuda hood on order so will post some pics once its all installed and ready to go.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Anonymous User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: turbo stuff

im not completly sure about what u need but this is all i know since im trying to build a kit myself....

parts needed that i know of so far.
Turbo
Turbo Manifold
BOV
Intercooler
charge pipes
silicone couplers
filter
oil feed lines
Downpipe
Wastegate (if your going external)
misc. gaskets (if needed)
boost, EGT, oil pressure gauges (to be safe)
wideband (to help tune car)
SAFC (also to help tune)
FMU fuel pressure regulator
A MAP sensor voltage controller to allow turbocharged use with the stock vehicle ECU

i might have missed some stuff....but ask on neons.org or homemadeturbo.com

Quick Reply: turbo stuff