2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What lights are u running?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
srt4rez
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What lights are u running?

Just wanting to know what kind of headlight bulbs yu guys are running these days. I'm not talking about the cheap colored lights that don't even light the roadways at night. Something that has pure white light that can be reliable at night. I was running a cheapo white, bluish light and the right high dim just went out about a couple days ago. I want to replace it with some good bulbs. What would you recommend? I'm not talking about conversion kits..what else works well then stock?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

I have had some nokya 7000k crystal white bulbs they are like around 30 to 40 bucks and than theres luminics titamium white bulbs which they both sell on ebay or jc whitney or you can look on modern performance for some really nice aftermarket headlight bulbs.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

go to ebay and get your self some digital ballast HIDs..its the only way to go if you want real light... they cost around 50-70 bucks depending on brand and such..and takes no more than 20 minutes to install both sides if you know anything about cars

Old 01-09-2011, 11:39 PM
03SXTGUY
Amateur

Please though, srt4rez, if you are going to go with real HIDs or illegal off-road 100w japanese white halogen bulbs, do it correctly and spare the rest of us drivers from going blind! Spend another $100 and buy yourself HID projector headlamps. Real HID bulbs are NOT made to be used in halogen bulb housing. The projector lens has a strong cut-off and directs the beam of light to the road. Also, if you consider the 100w halogen bulbs that are starting to become popular, do your research and buy all of the necessary equipment as the Neon factory wiring harness is not made to run 100w bulbs and you run the risk of serious damage. My $0.02.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Hids are crap in my op they just to bright and mostly be pulled over for having them . I had them but quit using them due to getting a few tickets for running with them. I had them in my halos .

Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
srt4rez
Professional

[QUOTE=03SXTGUY;2376587]Please though, srt4rez, if you are going to go with real HIDs or illegal off-road 100w japanese white halogen bulbs, do it correctly and spare the rest of us drivers from going blind!]

Don't need to get all complicated here. Just asking a simple question and I really don't care for HID myself, just a good pair of headlight bulbs..nothing fancy but reliable. I've seen some white lights, kinda looking at those. Opinions,opinions...........lol....

Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

The best headlight bulbs I ran in my black housings before the halos were some sylvania silverstars you can run the same brand for your foglights also. Nice and bright and wont blind anyone like hids always does.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

Originally Posted by showsxt
Hids are crap in my op they just to bright and mostly be pulled over for having them . I had them but quit using them due to getting a few tickets for running with them. I had them in my halos .
why would you get a ticket they arent illegal.. and back to srt4rez question yeah sylvanias silverstars arent bad i had them before i switched to HIDs

Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Illegal in some states hids are and also depends on the cop whos pulling you over.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
turbo talon dl 94
Amateur

HID lights are NOT illegal seeing how many high-end cars come with them as original equipment. Its those bogus kits that dont project the light where it should go and the ones that burn up wiring harnesses. A headlight bulb is a headlight bulb unless its old and starting to go dim.

Quick Reply: What lights are u running?