2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

P0743 after PCM replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:33 AM
edrulz2003
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
IDK why anyone would need mileage for the TCM. It doesn't store that information.

Did you ever have it diagnosed properly before you busted the thing?
its not busted, i just peeled back the backing. If it still works which i dont think it does, all i have to do is bend metal back and bolt it back down. And this time i will wrap it in plastic so nothing gets up in there.

when you say properly diagnose what do you mean. I just got the codes read thats all. I never checked for current cause im waiting to find the numbers to see if im gettin correct current from tcm to pcm

Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know you just keep running circles around the correct way to solve this problem. I count how many times you've been told how to get this diagnosed properly. Before you post again. put the TCM back in, get a real scanner on it and see WTF is going on. As far as getting stuff in there, I took apart 3 TCM's 10 min ago just to see what it looks like and all are just as dirty as yours. AGAIN the dirt in side isn't your problem all the electronics are sealed in gel. That cover doesn't even have any kind of seal on it anyway because it doesn't need it!
s

Last edited by 22DODGE22; 03-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
edrulz2003
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
You know you just keep running circles around the correct way to solve this problem. I count how many times you've been told how to get this diagnosed properly. Before you post again. put the TCM back in, get a real scanner on it and see WTF is going on. As far as getting stuff in there, I took apart 3 TCM's 10 min ago just to see what it looks like and all are just as dirty as yours. AGAIN the dirt in side isn't your problem all the electronics are sealed in gel. That cover doesn't even have any kind of seal on it anyway because it doesn't need it!
s
i took it to a shop, they scanned for codes and i posted what the results where. So how im i goin around in circles. if you have a better way, then feel free to explain. Other then scanning the car for codes that all i know how to do. so please enlightening besides getting your panies in a bunch.

Quick Reply: P0743 after PCM replacement