2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

dodge neon transmission, im really cofused. help! brass shavings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM
psycho_mike18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge neon transmission, im really cofused. help! brass shavings?

i removed the transmission, i was having issues with the car always locking up into overdrive, right after 3rd, and sometimes in the other gears, then it started whining where the TC is located. took the transmission out, the tc fluid doesnt dump out, its just a slight drizzle. but my question is, i removed the pan and found bronze looking shavings, almost like a brass/gold color. i looked online, and the replacement bearings are not brass, so it couldnt be the bearings, is this coming from the TC? thanks, ANY help Apreciated. thanks!

Old 05-02-2011, 11:27 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brass/bronze is usually a thrust washer, Bushing, or the synchronizers
dont believe there is any bronze/brass in the TC

Old 05-02-2011, 11:41 PM
psycho_mike18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was a fine powder in a small spot in the pan, like flake, when i dumped some fluid from the tc, its even more condensed in the fluid, from the tc. i just would like to know for sure, before i buy a rebuild kit. i changed the fluid and TCC selonoid about 300 miles ago and there wasnt nothing but black stuff on the magnet. the transmission started whining, so i decided to cahnge the tc. could this happen in such short time? i appreciate your answer, and will consider rebuilding the transmission, just trying to get some opinions to see if its necessary.thanks!

Quick Reply: dodge neon transmission, im really cofused. help! brass shavings?