2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 neon needs help!!! sputters and dies on acceleration from traffic lights,

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 AM
babalu713
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2000 neon needs help!!! sputters and dies on acceleration from traffic lights,

just got a 2000 neon from a friend,he said that the computer fuse was blown couple of times,and it died on him twice right on the road,then fuse was replaced by breaker,but problem still occures.it idles fine,revs on neutral smooth,but sometimes when you stop at the intersection,then try to acccelerate it start to sputter and sometimes dies...
i got two used brain boxes from the junkyard,same year and matic tranny, install first one,it started but died in a second,further attempts lead to no response from ignition switch,doesnt even cranks...put back old brains-idles fine...then replace it with the second brain box-same story-starts and dies in a second-then no respond whatsoever...currently runs and drives (if you can call it driving) on old brain box.....
need an advise what to check???

Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have a chipped key (gray), any replacement computer has to be reprogrammed to the keys before the car will run.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

If the fuse is blowing it means you have a problem and throwing more PCMs at it won't fix your problem.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM
chronoboy
Rookie

my car does this every once in a great while, ill come to a stop light and then want to go and it will have no power i have to take it out of gear and play with the throttle for a few seconds before it will run right, but when i say once in a great while i mean every month or two and thats daily driving it

Quick Reply: 2000 neon needs help!!! sputters and dies on acceleration from traffic lights,