2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

both front turnsignals flash when turning left or right

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:31 PM
keye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default both front turnsignals flash when turning left or right

I wanna say Hi...this is my first time on this site but I really think it will not be my last...OK.. my problem is my mom's 2002 neon, when applying a RT or LT signal, the back lites work normally but the front lites both flash as Hazards, my first thought was a bad wire but my Lord there so many wires, I put the car up on 4 jacks to follow the wiring harness front to back, I found nothin from where I can see the harness, my neighbor came over and asked what I was doing which I told him, I flipped the LT signal and the front all of a sudden worked, the RT the same thing, everything working normal, figured raising the car jarred or moved a wire that had been grouding or touching, lowered the car and back to 4 ways in the front.....my mouth dropped.....come to find out that when I liffted the car I had my park brake applyed the signals work normal, release the park brake and the signals screw up again...I took the center concel out so I could see the park brake assembly and find the switch thinking this would be the problem, unhooking the switch did nothin, but grounding out the switch wire corrects the problem, either I find the problem or I will ground the wire and leave it......anyone else ever see this problem thanz

Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The most common problem is a bad MFS (Multifunction Switch). It's what controls the turn signals, hazards and wipers.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:58 AM
keye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx......on the 2002 where would I find this switch.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Behind the steering wheel. It's what the wiper/turn signal stalks are connected to. It's all one unit.

Quick Reply: both front turnsignals flash when turning left or right