2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What All Can I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Sniper8604
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What All Can I Do?

I have a 2001 Plymouth Neon LX. What all can I do to make it faster, look better, and just be all around better? If anyone can give me a list of what all I can do to it that would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advanced to whomever answers.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:48 AM
01ACR
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What All Can I Do?

well, as with everything in life, it all depends on the size of your pocket book... lol. That and most of all personal preferance. First off for looks Id go get yourself some 17 inch rims. I dont personally like bodykits so Im lookin high and low for a lip kit. Do ya like your spoiler? cuz ya can change that too. Umm... Tail lights, clear turnsignals, hood, tint, graphics, etc etc. Check out www.andysautosport.com for alittle of everything cosmetic.
Next is your engine, this all depends which route you wanna go. Id try and pic one and stick with it to save on your pocket book. Boost, or NA. www.modernperformance.com has parts for both, there are many other sites that could help ya out too. If ya go NA, which is what Im doin to get just alittle extra pep outta mine, Id say get a good cold air intake(AEM, ICEMAN, K&N), Bigger throttle body(Ive heard that if you have a manual a cheap way to do this is get one from an automatic? I read it on neons.org), underdrive pulley, performance cam, if manual transmission- get an aftermarket clutch and lightened flywheel. Theres so many possibilities. Just check out some sites like modernperformance and howellautomotive.com. If ya see some specifics ya have questions about then post those. Whatever you choose, I wish ya luck, and keep us all updated!!!!!!!!!