2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

need some tips and advice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
chronoboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some tips and advice.

Ok so i figure since i broke a 100,000 miles with my neon that i should do the timing belt, water pump, head gasket, ect. but since i figure i was breaking into the engine that much already that i should do some new motor mounts well im at it, and any other quick and cheap things anybody else can think of well i have it torn apart? and another question is what motor mounts should i get, they need to be pretty good but yet at a good price, otherwise the wife said if i keep dumping money into the rigs, then i would have to sell one, so now my mission is well im doing the timing belt i'll slip in a few extra upgrades that wont break the bank, and just tell her it was a must have.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 AM
chronoboy
Rookie

another question is can i upgrade my injectors with out touching the insides of the motor to handle it?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You ever hear the golden rule: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it...?" Don't mess with the head gasket if nothing is wrong with it. That is asking for trouble. You should get a new motor mount...and acc. belt pulley and seals while you are doing the timing belt kit, yes. They have to come out (except the seals, but they are right there) when you do the timing belt anyways and wear with miles. Anchor brand mounts have served me well for over 30,000 miles now.

Second, why do you need to "upgrade" the injectors? Dumping more fuel into the same amount of air without tuning for both (yes, it should be both) would be not-good IMO.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 AM
04sled
Banned

agreed, don't fix what isnt broke, well the timming belt is different, if that brakes you will change the head and gasket for sure

Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
chronoboy
Rookie

Ya I guess ill prob not do the head gasket. I was planning on getting a bigger TB and intake manifold, fig if I did that I could get bigger injectors?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Still don't need them, even more so because you can't really tune for them unless you've got Megasquirt. You can throw everything in the world on the engine, but if you can't tune it, it isn't going to last long if it even runs. There are certain year Neon's too, I'll have to find the info again, that don't like the bigger TB's, just so you know.

Quick Reply: need some tips and advice.