2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 Neon Rough Idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:34 AM
joegreen90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got back from Canada, got hitched and was on the honeymoon.

The rough idle hasn't been fixed yet. The belt squeal is only on start up and goes away after a quick tap of the gas pedal. Does that help? and i am not sure on the type of belt. it has had to be replaced so many times now that i forget.

There was a problem with losing or shredding belts. The pulley was bad, we replaced the whole assembly that holds the Tensioner. i was hoping that was what the squeal was but it is still there.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 PM
swolford

My 2003 Neon is idling rough to the point that it stalls out. Can anyone tell me where to clean the idle port? Don't know where it is or how to clean it. This car is all new stuff to me. HELP PLEASE???!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 01:00 PM
houndog97
Rookie

If you don't know about cars I wouldn't mess with that . Get a mechanic to look at it and tell him what you think it is so he won't take advantage of you. Wires and spark plugs not to hard, but the idle control might also be a vacuum leak have a mechanic look at it ! Also check your trouble codes by turning the key 3 times and looking for the trouble codes this car spits it out without a code reader it's built in.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
joegreen90

I am pretty good with working on cars. i knew the trick with turning the kay and there are no codes excpet the one for the NVLD we replaced that ourselves and now the codes are gone, but the idle is still rough idle.

We have taken it to a mecahnic actually several and none of them have any idea what could be causing the rough idle. maybe its not the idle and its a mount like one of your other threads is indicating.

We have also replaced the upper and lower engine mounts because they were worn out. we did the alignment thing with the 119mm and that hasnt fixed it or made it better either.

Oh and i have an alternator belt that squeals periodically. it is definatley the alternator belt because i do not have a serpentine belt. the tensioner went bad and we havnt had the chance to fix it yet.

Quick Reply: 2003 Neon Rough Idle