2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Aftermarket HID High Beams?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Malves85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket HID High Beams?

I have retrofitted headlights with HIDs. I dont have high beams. When I try to turn them on from in the car I get a slight flicker but nothing. Below is a picture of the bulb I'm using. Do I need a better bulb or something?

Old 02-04-2012, 07:01 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HIDs are not dual filament bulbs, which is why cars that come with HIDs from the factory have two bulbs in each housing. They have HIDs in the low beam and halogens for the high. HID bulbs are not mean to be cycled on and off frequently, which is halogen bulbs are used for the high beams that have to be turned on and off as oncoming traffic comes and goes.

Basically, you don't get high beams.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Malves85

Hoping someone is up to help me out. So in July 2011 when I posted here the low beams worked but high beams didnt. I put the stock head lights back on and only getting to trying this again now. I was told all I need to do is switch the pins in the blue connector. There is a black, orange and blue wire that I can play musical chairs with in the blue connector. The blue connector is what connects to the factory harness.

Since its been a while since I set these up I plugged the lights in the same as before and the low beams worked and high beams didnt just like last time. Good everything works as before.

I turn the lights off, unplug the blue connector and switch the pins around. I plug it back in and now the lights dont work. I spent an hour switching these pins every which way and now no combination will work.
I gave up and put the stock lights back in and now they wont work either!!! Did I blow a fuse??? What can I check?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 AM
mcbrow
Default HID's

Is it possible that you could you could re-wire the hids so that when you switch to highs the halogen bulb will come on and Hid will stay on aswell?

thankyou

Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 AM
arnonefrank13
Professional

i had the same probem.. al i needed was new bulbs. sometimes one filiment burns out and the other will work.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 AM
arnonefrank13
Professional

maybe you did blow a fuse...i wouldn't mess with electical ( unless i knew what i was doing) you can fry your whole pcm by accident and your harness. be wery

Quick Reply: Aftermarket HID High Beams?