2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Need help with suspension 02 neon

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Nheal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with suspension 02 neon

I'm new to the forum here and this is the first dodge i've ver owned but so far I love my neon. I just installed some poly bushings on my car and am now in the process of putting new struts and lowering springs on the car and am having a major issue with the front passenger side. the driver side went in flawlessly but the passenger side i'm having enormous problems with, the hub assembly seems to going out at a 45 degree angle what could cause this and how to fix?

Attached Thumbnails Need help with suspension 02 neon-problem.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the no load on that side?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Nheal

the whole front end is off the ground no load whatsoever on it just replaced the control arm bushings last night and now im working on this. I crawled under there earlier and noticed that one of the cv boots looks overstretched so im wondering if the halfshaft on that side may have partially slipped out and that is what is causing my issue. I've done the driver side front and both rear with absolutely no problems it's just this one side that is giving me issues.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
yokotaashi
Amateur

Take out the other bolt and listen the 3 on top of the strut. Make sure the control arm is supported so its level. The two should fit together if you pick up the axle a little more, it looks right to me.

Quick Reply: Need help with suspension 02 neon