2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cruise Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
mrneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cruise Control Question

Hello, We have a 2003 Dodge Neon SE (as base as it gets). We recently done some front end work on it and thus bought a parts car (2004 Dodge Neon SXT). The SXT has cruise and we're wanting to put it on our SE. Can you all give me a guide or a good idea on how to accomplish this? From a surface point of view it appears that the steering wheel, outside actuator assembly, and throttle body will have to change. The parts car is complete and running, just got beat all to hail (no pun intended), and is pretty much has no bumper cover and right quarter. So what ever we need, we have. Just need to know how to do it and what all is needed. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:07 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You add the cruise switch to the steering wheel; there's a spot for it. The hoses and such need to be routed properly. The throttle body doesn't get changed; you add the cable to it. There's a diagram someone posted (that I can never remember where it is) I'll try and dig up later that shows all of the parts and gives the complete installation instructions for it.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 AM
mrneon

If you could find that, that would be absolutely amazing. I would like to have it done by summer as I'm going for a good drive down south. Thanks everyone.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 AM
earlyre
Professional

this is from a thread i started...a while ago... listst the part #, Quoted installed price, and pdf link to the parts list/ install instructions.

Originally Posted by earlyre
ok. for anyone else interested in this project - There is a kit available from your dodge dealer, or online, Part # 82208100AB, emailed both my Local-ish dealers parts depts, from the bigger place:

"Good morning & thanks for your parts request. The speed control kit you’re asking about is available to order & would take 1-3 days to come in. We can install that for you for a total of $380.00 for parts, labor & sales tax. Let me know if you’d like to get the kit ordered or e-mail (or call) if you have any questions. Thanks again & have a good day."
I replied asking for the price of the Kit itself, since it looks pretty straightforward, $249.00

Not heard back from the Smaller dealer yet.
while waiting, did some searching around, to find what parts are in said kit, to see if i could scrounge them @ my local junkyard, and was actually able to find a PDF of the instruction sheet.(link below)
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82208100AB.pdf

still looks like a pretty straight forward install, but messing with that airbag assembly makes me nervous.....

Old 04-17-2012, 02:29 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

earlyre always knows where it is, lol. I'm going to add that to a sticky now.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Question