2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM
The Old Guy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotors

I need to replace my rotors due to warping. Will the ones sold at Auto zone-Advanced etc work well? Or will they warp sooner then the better ones?
When I hit the brakes at all speeds the steering wheel shakes and the brake pedal pulsates.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM
buddhaman
Veteran

I've always used the ones from Autozone and haven't had any issues.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 AM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-I bought the Wagner rotors from Advance Auto probably two years ago along with the Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads. She's still stopping smooth with no squeals or shaking. And I've put three or four trips back and forth from Ohio to Myrtle Beach. Just completely degrease them before you install. I sprayed mine with brake cleaner then took them inside and put them in the sink with straight hot water and some Dawn detergent. I let them soak until they were steaming when I picked them up, then used a nylon bristle scrub brush to clean them good. Rinsed them back off with straight hot water, and they were basically dry by the time I got back to the garage.

-If you haven't used it before, you can order them online at Advance Auto's site, then pick them up at your local shop. At the checkout page, there will be a line that says to enter a promo code. Put in P20. This will knock 20% off of your entire order. If you get rotors and pads, this will knock a good chunk from the cost...

L8R,
Matt

Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
joester
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto the previous post, but I didn't go to those lengths to degrease.

The semi-ceramic pads are an excellent extra expense especially when installing new rotors. No regrets on my part with that combination.

Joe

Quick Reply: Rotors