2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 Neon, Where is Ignition Offdraw (IOD) Fuse?

Old 08-15-2005, 12:18 PM
msmma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Neon, Where is Ignition Offdraw (IOD) Fuse?

Ok, which fuse under the hood is the IOD fuse? The fuse list inside the cover has nothing that says which one is the IOD, and neither does the owners manual.

There is one fuse that has this yellow "cover" over it...is that it?

Reason why I want to change it...

Two different times when I start my car in the morning I see the word "FUSE" flash on my odomter. Nothing seems wrong (ie..lights, etc... all work). I searched around online and saw other owners with issues about this that mention the dome light. The dome light in the roof of my car always works.

A Chrysler dealer told me to go out and "re-seat" my fuses by pushing on them, and see if it happens again. If it still does, then he said I should replace my IOD fuse...but I dont know which one it is. The fact that I dont get the FUSE message every time I start the car makes me think it's some kind of intermittent problem. Should I replace the IOD fuse, AND the dome light, even though the light is working?

Can a Fuse be faulty, but not actually blown?

HELP!!!! : )

Thanks,
Mike

Old 08-15-2005, 12:51 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: 2000 Neon, Where is Ignition Offdraw (IOD) Fuse?

Never heard of it before, I would not change the dome light, that is just a bulb.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
msmma

Well, it's mentioned in the Neon Owners manual, so I definitely have the name correct.

The manual does NOT tell you which Fuse it is though, which makes absolutely no sense...

Does anyone have a 2000 Neon Repair manual, or know where this Fuse is?

Old 08-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Fhantazm

I had the same issue with the "Fuse" message and found it to be the dome light. The dome light acts as a fuse and if its blown you will get the FUSE message. Now Im not sure which one is the IOD fuse, but the one with the yellow cover is the one that protects the interior lights/key in ignition alert and radio memory. Hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: Fhantazm

I had the same issue with the "Fuse" message and found it to be the dome light. The dome light acts as a fuse and if its blown you will get the FUSE message. Now Im not sure which one is the IOD fuse, but the one with the yellow cover is the one that protects the interior lights/key in ignition alert and radio memory. Hope this helps.
Thats weird and interesting

Old 08-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Fhantazm

ORIGINAL: casper

ORIGINAL: Fhantazm

Thats weird and interesting
Yea. You should have seen me troubleshooting a bad wire for an hour and a half before I realized there was no bulb in the overhead. How ridiculous was that?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 PM
rfiegs
Default response to IOD fuse

i would have to guess that it is the one under the yellow cover. My dodge neon has the fuse light come on and that fuse is the only one that is blown, and i have been having issues with no power coming to radio or dome light or lock button. I did a lot of research and have come up with that it is the fuse under the yellow cover that is blown...causing all my super frustrating problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Neon, Where is Ignition Offdraw (IOD) Fuse?