2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 neon sxt manual shifter cable question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
simster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 neon sxt manual shifter cable question

the bushings on my shifter cables are crappy, been told that on the 2003 neon that the bushings cant be replaced i need to order the whole cable assembly from the shifter to the transmission mounts. looking around here and on the web not sure if this is true or not. im having some issues where and it only seems to be when the car has been driving for a little bit that it becomes hard to get into gear, other times its no problem. i had the clutch replaced a few months back got the whole kit with flywheel thats when i found that the bushings atleast at the tranny side were bad. whats the deal with the booger bushings do they just fit into the current cable ends? cant really seem to find a video of the procedure. any help is appreciated!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
fhadso
Veteran

As far as I know, they can be. It's really simple to check, actually. Just take out your center console and look at your shifter bushings. I recommend Booger Bushings. I noticed a tighter, "clickier" shift.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bushings can be replaced (I'm sure a dealer says no, you need to buy the expensive cable from us), and Booger Bushings are the way to go.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Ron Guilbault

You can buy the shiftier bushings from oreilys auto-parts for about $22 for a set of 2 or 3.

Quick Reply: 2003 neon sxt manual shifter cable question