2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Carpet removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 03:10 PM
t0030tr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet removal

I was kind of suprised the carpet is not split under console at the front under the dash. Do you have to loosen the dash to slide the carpet over the front dash mount or am I missing something?

Thanks

Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM
buddhaman
Veteran

I think there were a couple clips under some of the side plastic. I took all mine out and if I couldn't get to a clip I just cut the carpet.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:47 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to [are supposed to, according to the shop manual] cut it under the dash. I did. Just take your time. You can't even tell I cut the carpet unless you were to get under there and start pulling on the carpet.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
illriginalized
Rookie

Originally Posted by darthroush
You have to [are supposed to, according to the shop manual] cut it under the dash. I did. Just take your time. You can't even tell I cut the carpet unless you were to get under there and start pulling on the carpet.

Where did you purchase the carpet? My brother totally effed the carpet up between his lack of cleanliness and the water damage from the water leak into the trunk, the carpet is just pure crap at this point. I've been looking around Jcwhitney but no luck thus far.

Did you get it from Mopar as well? If so what's the part number? $600+ for the carpet from Mopar.. dafuq?

Last edited by illriginalized; 11-05-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Came with the car I had to remove it to dry it and the interior when a taillight seal went bad. If I were looking for a replacement, I'd be looking at parts cars on Craigslist or calling local auto recyclers (not pick-n-pulls).

Quick Reply: Carpet removal