2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

my Neon stalled with P0352 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
dodgeneon2012
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Neon stalled with P0352 code

I just bought my 2003 Dodge Neon with only 52k miles 2 days ago.
(drove 150 miles to get this car, was PITA but I thought it was worth the trip)
Automatic and so far I have changed with full synthetic mobile one engine oil with filter, air filter, and bosch platinum +4 spark plugs.

I got the inspection yesterday but the mechanic warned me these neon's have constant engine problem, and voila!!~!! the next day, actually in the morning before I was ready to go to work, CEL came on and stalled for a few minutes and finally car got shut off on its own.

I checked it and OBD reader shows P0352 code, which indicates Ignition Coil #2 is bad.

I went to autozone and they said check wiring first before buy the coil pack.

I read threads here for same issue but so far I haven't seen anyone fixing this issue here or found the answer to this problem yet.

Please help me out if anyone has dealt with this problem before.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
dodgeneon2012
Default Repair update

I read somewhere someone with same year as mine had a same issue.
Well, bottomline, he/she did everything he/she could do but ended up going no where and there was nothing indicating how the end for his/her car.

Well, I took courage and decided to take this to my own hand and solve it.
I went to pepboys and got all the parts I thought I needed:
Spark plug wires (already got bosch platinum +4), and ignition coil pack.

Installed this morning and what do you know? Car still hasn't improved one bit and still showing same CEL code; p0352 and car still not in a running condition.

I was hoping my case will not end up like the one I saw previously but I am afraid I am facing same scenario.

My last choice would be to take this to local auto shop but I don't know any that I can trust around here. (mostly they are all known to charge extra even for engine oil so I try to do it myself, if I can)

Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM
earlyre
Professional

150 mi. HA! when i bought my 05,(feb 2010 w/ then 54k mi), i had to fly from OH-TX, then drive 1100 mi back.('course i was buying it from my brother, and it was showroom immaculate)
and the only real problem i've had with it was a bad cam position sensor.

not to start a this plug is better than that plug type of broo-ha-ha, just for ****s & Giggles, try putting cheap old copper core plugs in. i forget the exact issues, but the type of ignition in these cars doesn't play nice with platinum (unless it's platinum on both electrodes, i think... there's a long ranty nearly shouting thread on here somewhere about plug types.)

If you don't wanna throw more money into some cheap plugs, i've got heaps and gobs of copper plugs for these engines. (4 of the OEM champions, and 16 auto-lites[they were on clearance for 72cents a 2 pk...so i bought 'em all])

Last edited by earlyre; 07-13-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Moparkyle
All Star

Pull all 4 plugs out one at a time still connected to the wires, see which ones are getting spark while cranking the engine over.

If NONE of them are getting spark then I would check any IGN fuses, ASD relay etc.. Then check power and ground to the coil.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
dodgeneon2012

just to give quick update:

I took the car to a nearest auto shop. (car would not drive any faster than 15 mph so I have no choice but to seek nearest one)

The owner called me and said that the computer is bad due to previous collision and need to replace.
He quoted me oem part from chrysler costs $550 but aftermarket one costs $410.
I chose the latter and with the labor and diagnostic (of course including the part), he charged me $790. (With tax, it will be about $860)

So there you have it, my first purchase with used neon and in my first week costing me about 860...hopefully this will be the last of any "major" repair for me with this one.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Goromous
Amateur

Wow man. That's something else. Did this fix your problem? Was your car starting up fine before you got it fixed?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
dodgeneon2012

Last (hopefully) update as of today 07/18/12:

I just got the car from the shop, the mechanic who repaired the problem told me when he handed me the paperwork, the car's computer was hit and also the wire bracket was damaged as well. (so new computer and the whole wires systems been re-bracketed)

He was truly impressed with how the car runs besides the computer issue and only thing is since it's new computer, I would have to drive for 20 miles to get the car used to the new computer.

Yes, I just drove it for 5 miles and it drove nicely and I am very satisfied with the work done to the car.

For those who are more handy with fixing your own car, I would assume you can probably save about $300 but for someone like me who is limited on electric area, I think it was worth the money for the repair to be done.

Quick Reply: my Neon stalled with P0352 code