2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

OBD 2 Codes :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 05:11 AM
scribebox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD 2 Codes :)

Hey

New to the forum new to dodge new to neon's but i have a few questions..

Today i bought a 2000 Dodge Neon With 40k miles for 2800 + a trade 96 Chevy Lumina (blown engine)

the guy i bought it from bought it out of a drug auction, and said it had been in one accident the read end had apparently been hit. he said it just recently threw up the check engine light, so i wasnt really worried about, it runs good, and i just made a 150mile drive home with it , very pleased so far.. but when i got home, i plugged in my OBD-II Code reader and got a bunch of codes, unfortunately ive lost my manual, and cant find a very reliable code source on the web, so i figured id post tem here...

The first code is 1495 it blinks three times then shows the other ones..
next code is 8107 after that its 6520... and then there is a weird code that doesnt even look like numbers.. im just goin to have to take a picture of it.. but i was curious if someone could help me out, and point me in the direction of some good obd neon code sites

thanks alot

-Dustin Reeves

Old 08-23-2005, 05:26 AM
scribebox
Default RE: OBD 2 Codes :)

oh yea, one more thing, when i was driving cruise control wouldnt work, the cruise light on the dash would popup but when i tried the set accell.....nothing thanks again

-scribe

Old 08-23-2005, 05:55 AM
scribebox

heh, i just pulled the codes using the old on off on off on , came up p 1495 and p 1684 one of them is battery has been unplugged within last 50 starts the other is a 1495 Leak Detection Pump (LDP) pressure switch problem - the solenoid circuit.

1684 The battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts.

how do i fix the leak detection pump what is it referring to ? my neighbors probably think im crazy, ive been in and out of the house tinkering with my neon in my underwear...

-scribe

Old 08-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Fhantazm

ORIGINAL: scribebox

how do i fix the leak detection pump what is it referring to ? my neighbors probably think im crazy, ive been in and out of the house tinkering with my neon in my underwear...

-scribe
Your scaring me. [8D]

Old 08-23-2005, 06:12 PM
scribebox

bump bump bump

hrmm, another note, my ac died today, my dad thinks that when i was playing with the ac/heat at the registration/license place this morning that the heatercore got ****ed, he said it happens alot whenever a car sits for like a year +, you can smell the coolant, but its not strong... (i could smell the coolant yesterday, and i hadnt ****ed with the heater..) , he also seems to think that maybe a vacuum line is ****ed or something, due to some lil animal or rat nibbling on something.. and that is making a valve or something not fully close ... any suggestions ? where to start ? what to do.. i have no warranty or cash ^^, so im playing the DIY game...

-scribe

Quick Reply: OBD 2 Codes :)