2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

previous owners wiring mess, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
NeonNewbie08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default previous owners wiring mess, need advice

Hey so I recently purchased a 2003 Neon, I knew it was going to be a little bit of a project before I can drive it, but now I'm dumbfounded and lost.

The previous owner had both wires from the first and second injectors spliced together(what kind of other problems would this create?) so my first step was to separate those, then i noticed a little up the harness, all four power wires were spliced together and heat shrunk.??

the first 2 wires went in the heat shrunk portion one way, and the 3 and 4 injectors went in the heat shrunk part the other way. all four wires are stripped in the heat shrunk part, and all of them are green with an orange stripe.

my questions are the power wires supposed to be injector specific? or are they hot-at-all time, or hot with on and not matter which injectors they go to? 2nd. would this cause any further issues?

Last edited by darthroush; 10-06-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

I don't have a wiring diagram in front of me but on any injector circuit they all generally share the same 12V source (one wire) and each have separate grounds, controlled by the PCM.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
NeonNewbie08

thats what i found out, it looks like im going to repair the harness, and I probably need a new ECU

Quick Reply: previous owners wiring mess, need advice